Background & Education
- A native of Salt Lake City, Utah, where his father was a practicing orthodontist, Dr. Hurst attended Brigham Young University, earning a B.S. in zoology.
- He then attended dental school at the University of Oklahoma, graduating with honors and numerous clinical awards. Following dental school, Dr. Hurst entered the graduate program in orthodontics at Loma Linda University, also earning honors.
- Dr. Hurst has been around orthodontics all of his life, and he can’t think of anything he would rather do. He enjoys working with each patient to create a beautiful smile, and watching the positive effects of their new found confidence. His office is built on the philosophy to treat his patients as he would like to be treated.
- Dr. Hurst is a member in good standing of the national, state, and local societies of the American Dental Association and the American Association of Orthodontists. Dr. Hurst attends many continuing education courses each year to stay current on new technology and innovative happenings in the world of orthodontics.
- University of Oklahoma-Dental School-Graduated with Honors
- Loma Linda University-Orthodontic school-Graduated with Honors
- We are a Kindness Certified company from 2020-present
- Chosen one of the Top Dentists in Greater San Diego since 2015
Dr. Hurst and his wife, Shauna, met while both were attending Brigham Young University. They have two teenage children, Ryan and Hailey and two collies, Ginger and Pearl. Shauna is a stay-at-home mom who is a very active PTA volunteer. Dr. Hurst is a model train collector, huge Disney fan and loves his 1965 Mustang convertible! As a family they love to travel and go to Disneyland.